East Coast geeks! Convention season is upon us and what better way to spend a weekend than nerding out at a great, fan-run con? That con is Shore Leave in Hunt Valley, Maryland, from July 7 to July 9. I’ll be there and I’m doing a whopping SIX panels!
How great is that Alice-in-Wonderland-inspired logo? I adore Wonderland in all its many iterations, and I can’t wait to go down the Shore Leave rabbit hole and hang out with some great actors, authors, and scientists for a weekend of hardcore nerding. And do you know how much it costs? $95! That is it! For three whole days! Y’all can’t hardly get a single Creation photo op for that these days.
There is still a week left to get your tickets in advance (you can also get them at the door), just click right here:
And you can see my spiffy bio page, as well as all the other cool guests, and plan your weekend. Here are the panels I am doing so far:
- Wonder Woman – Find out what parts made me cry and how much I loved Robin Wright as Antiope
- What’s Your Favorite Star Trek? – I will go head to head with five dudes about why Janeway is rad…but is Voyager actually my fave Trek series? The answer might surprise you!
- Ye Gods! – This panel is about our fave scifi that involves god-like entities messing with our fave characters. Can I get a shoutout for Q?
- Friendship Is Magic – Often the friendships forged in our favorite genre media are just as, if not more, important than saving the world from evil. I’ll talk about my favorite friendships in my fave shows, books, and movies with a great group of fellow panelists
- The Role of Science Fiction – Does scifi have a responsibility to comment upon our current events and the pop culture of our time? (Hint: in my opinion, yes. But does everyone agree? Rarely!)
- Why We Love Scifi – What’s happening now in scifience, and what we want to see next. Expect much poetic waxing about The Expanse from me, as well as lots of thoughts on the new, upcoming Star Trek: Discovery!
Robin Wright will come for you if you don’t attend my panels!
Who else will be at Shore Leave? We’ve got Marina Sirtis and Michael Dorn in da house, reppin’ Star Trek: The Next Generation in its 30th anniversary year. Kevin Sussman, who plays Stewart on The Big Bang Theory, will lend us his awkward nerdy presence, and Battlestar Galactica alums Michael Hogan (Tigh! Ahh!) and Luciana Carro will be there too. You need to meet Michael Hogan, he is the coolest. He signed my piece of the Galactica!
The author guest list is even more impressive, with 40 of us reading to rock out with our Spocks out. I’m on panels with Dayton Ward, Kelli Fitzpatrick, Scott Pearson, Keith R.A. DeCandido, and more. Peter David will be there, and I have some books I will need him to sign. There are lots of ladies there too, lest you think it is all guys – Lorraine J. Anderson, Mary Fan, Melissa Scott, and Hildy Silverman, among others. Their Shore Leave bios link to their full book lists on Amazon, and you have time to order a few for signing before the con!
I am very excited to be a guest at this convention, which has been recommended to me by lots of fans. Plus, they are in their 39th season! So basically, this convention has been around since before I was born, and that is awesome. Go get your tickets, and make sure to message me on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram if you are attending because I want to see your faces!